30th August 2021

 Musings…….


Bhagwan Krishnan 


Like every child born into a early 90s Kerala, myself grew up hearing stories from mythology, and like most children I was mesmerised and was at awe. One of the reasons for my reading habit I will attribute to my keen interest in mythology. 


Armed with the imagination of a child, my limits were boundless. Besides reading, A huge part of my appetite for mythology was fulfilled through the Mahabharata Serial which aired every Sunday mornings in Doordarshan. 


Among all these characters ,needless to say my favourite was Lord Krishna. 

From being a naughty child to growing up to become one of the most talented warriors the world has ever seen, I listened with fascination to Krishna’s deeds and his mischiefs. 


There are many facets to Lord Krishna as far as my limited understanding tells me - 


The rishis called him he full embodiment of the divine, the totality, because all that a human could be is in Krishna. 


He is simultaneously a teacher, lover, friend, politician, a king, a warrior, a thief at one point, and what not. In fact to different people he is different things. 


However, in each and every facet of his personality, there is a perfect balance that we can observe. 


He is always joyful and happy, is a great leader, a legendary guru, an ideal friend, a brilliant student, and is a master of communication; all while being mischievous and an ocean of knowledge ! 


Many call him the “Fully Blossomed One” - he almost did everything and excelled in them. He was indeed the master of all. 


Like I said before, all that a human could be is In Krishna. 


The more I try to learn about Krishna the lesser I seem to understand him. Each and every word and decision taken by Krishna in his lifetime, as enumerated in books and folklore, seem to have far reaching consequences. 


What more can I say about Krishna that have not been already said or written about ! Krishna is different for different people, but for me he will always be special, the one that gives me inspiration and mental strength to move ahead in life full of obstacles and misery. 


I wonder as I age if my understanding of Krishna would change. I guess it might and a middle aged or old aged myself could reconsider my impression of Lord Krishna. Only time will tell !  Janmashtami wishes ! 


Food for Thought……. 


rohitchennithala.blogspot.com 

rohitchennithala.home.blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16th January 2021

6th March 2021

3rd April 2022