5th June 2015

Musings.......


5th June 2015
What do you feel when something that has been the part and parcel of your daily life suddenly stops being so. Unless you are heartless you feel a tinge of sadness right, however irrelavent that something would seem to be.
This was exactly my feelings while reading the Breaking news a couple of days back. My beloved Maggi is being banned!!!!! And the reason- LEAD.
The Maggi who was my constant companion throughout my undergraduate days and who still continues to be a boon, that is until now has suddenly left leaving a great vacuum in my life...........
Much to my frustration I also learn today that the culprit is not NESTLE as earlier promulgated but is SOIL. Heavy words like Biological Magnification don't give me comfort......
Lack of efficient regulation to stop the release of toxic effluents into water bodies is one of the reasons why heavy metals enter the food chain it seems.
High time  to formulate the Industrial Policy that is the need of the hour.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT

RC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16th January 2021

6th March 2021

3rd April 2022